8 questions to… Josh Bernoff, Forrester
Personally, I like to understand what makes him tick – which is why I sent him a little questionnaire to find out a little bit more. Full Q&A below…
(Note: Josh points out that even though Charlene and himself are quite compatible and share a blog, they are in fact two separate people and therefore his answers are all his own.)
1. Why do you blog?
Being an analyst is about doing research, gaining insight, and sharing it. Being an analyst who blogs is the same only faster, shorter, and with more feedback. Frankly, I love that.
2. Do you think blogging will be just as important in a years time, 5 years or 10 years?
This is like asking in 1994 “Do you think the Internet will be important?” Sure, blogging will be important. But it will be so common, and available in so many different flavors, that people won’t talk about blogging.
People who don’t blog AT ALL, even in a minimal way, will be like people now without cell phones – you’ll wonder why.
3. What is your favourite blog post you have written?
4. What is your favourite blog post you have read?
Now that’s like asking which is my favorite piece of popcorn of all the ones I’ve eaten.
I love Seth Godin’s whole blog because every single post is thought-provoking and right on the money. And it rarely is about news, which means it’s highly original. I am in awe. Even though he doesn’t allow comments.
One of my favorite single posts was the Streisand Effect on Techdirt just because it was so prescient.
5. How many hours a week do you spend blogging?
Highly variable, but about 2 hours on average. Thinking about things I could blog, 60 hours.
6. What other new media sites do you participate in? (list includes Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Plaxo, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube, Wiki)
I use all of these except Twitter and Plaxo. I use del.icio.us religiously. I use Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and a Wiki regularly.
For more details see 7 Ways the web makes writing a book better & faster
7. List your 3 favourite blog sites you read regularly
8. What would you blogging epitaph be?
Bloggers die, but blogs live forever.
Many thanks to Josh for agreeing to participate – excellent answers and I am sure your epitaph will stay with you.
Filed under: analyst relations, blogger relations, blogging, social media | 2 Comments
syndicate and subscribe
Most active posts
top posts all time
- Trends: The Battle For CMO Mind Share | Forbes on Top analyst blogs
- Analyst technology predictions 2011 « Technobabble 2.0 on Technology predictions 2010
- Social Media: Blueprints, eBooks, Guides, Tutorials and Whitepaper - Kleckerlabor on White paper – distributed influence: quantifying the impact of social media
- The Internet of Things and Change | Forbes on Top analyst blogs
- Tuesday's Tip: Why Context Matters – Forget Real-Time, Achieve Right | Social Media Blog Sites on Top analyst tweeters (via TweetLevel)
- January 2015 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (3)
- January 2012 (3)
- December 2011 (4)
- November 2011 (2)
- October 2011 (1)
- September 2011 (4)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (3)
- June 2011 (1)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (3)
- March 2011 (1)
- February 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (1)
- November 2010 (1)
- October 2010 (2)
- September 2010 (3)
- August 2010 (1)
- July 2010 (10)
- June 2010 (3)
- March 2010 (1)
- February 2010 (7)
- January 2010 (5)
- December 2009 (4)
- November 2009 (4)
- October 2009 (3)
- August 2009 (7)
- July 2009 (3)
- May 2009 (2)
- March 2009 (7)
- October 2008 (2)
- August 2008 (2)
- July 2008 (3)
- June 2008 (5)
- May 2008 (9)
- April 2008 (8)
- March 2008 (7)
- February 2008 (9)
- January 2008 (18)
- December 2007 (3)
- November 2007 (9)
- October 2007 (8)
- September 2007 (5)
- August 2007 (6)
- July 2007 (8)
- June 2007 (6)
- May 2007 (15)
- April 2007 (9)
- RT @Talkwalker: Welcome to #SolidROI webinar! We're thrilled @kristophe @sngo12 & @JonnyBentwood are here to share some new ideas about soc… 6 days ago
- RT @Talkwalker: Last chance - Register for our webinar with @JonnyBentwood & @sngo12 and learn how to prove #marketing ROI: https://t.co/tY… 6 days ago
- RT @Talkwalker: Last chance - Register for our webinar with @JonnyBentwood & @sngo12 and learn how to prove #marketing ROI: https://t.co/tY… 1 week ago
- RT @Talkwalker: "What & How to Measure Social Media Effectiveness" | buff.ly/2n6oVlv | March 16th | Experts: @sngo12 @JonnyBentwood… 1 week ago
- RT @Talkwalker: Find out why good measurement is the key to success on social in our webinar ft. @sngo12 @JonnyBentwood & @kristophe https:… 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License
DisclaimerThis blog accepts forms of cash advertising in the form of link placement. However, neither my employer nor myself endorse in any way the sites that are linked.