8 questions to… Charlene Li, Forrester
Continuing the ‘8 questions‘ series, Charlene Li, who came top in the recent top 50 analyst bloggers league table with Josh Bernoff in their Groundswell blog has let me know her thoughts. As a blogger supremo this shows great insight into new media. Full Q&A below…
1. Why do you blog?
1) Because I want to be part of the “conversation” that isn’t available through traditional syndicated research channels. That means shorter, more timely posts, the ability to link externally, and receive comments and trackbacks.
2) to hear directly back from blog readers what they are thinking and seeing. They are by far my greatest source of research.
3) because it’s just really darn fun!
2. Do you think blogging will be just as important in a years time, 5 years or 10 years?
Yes, but it won’t be called blogging.
3. What is your favourite blog post you have written?
4. What is your favourite blog post you have read?
Can’t really remember any. That’s why I have delicious.
5. How many hours a week do you spend blogging?
6. What other new media sites do you participate in?
a. Facebook Sometimes, increasingly more
b. MySpace Rarely, only for research
c. Twitter Rarely, only for demonstration purposes
d. Plaxo Never
e. LinkedIn Rarely
f. Flickr Rarely, but I really need to start using it when Yahoo Photos shuts down.
g. YouTube Sometimes, especially with my kids/family
h. Wiki – Almost daily
i. Other – Delicious – daily
7. List your 3 favourite blog sites you read regularly
8. What would you blogging epitaph be?
I may die, but my blog will live on.
Thanks Charlene for your responses. Interesting how both Josh’s and your epitaph have a slight macabre element to it but your points holds a lot of truth.
Filed under: analyst relations, blogger relations, blogging, social media | 2 Comments
syndicate and subscribe
Most active posts
top posts all time
- Trends: The Battle For CMO Mind Share | Forbes on Top analyst blogs
- Analyst technology predictions 2011 « Technobabble 2.0 on Technology predictions 2010
- Social Media: Blueprints, eBooks, Guides, Tutorials and Whitepaper - Kleckerlabor on White paper – distributed influence: quantifying the impact of social media
- The Internet of Things and Change | Forbes on Top analyst blogs
- Tuesday's Tip: Why Context Matters – Forget Real-Time, Achieve Right | Social Media Blog Sites on Top analyst tweeters (via TweetLevel)
- How to use TweetLevel–your GPS for navigating Twitter influence
- The Influence Tipping Point
- New TweetLevel: your GPS for navigating twitter influence
- Better B2B Video – a Brighttalk Panel Discussion
- Time to put an end to this modern form of slavery
- The critical importance of time when understanding influence
- December 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (3)
- January 2012 (3)
- December 2011 (4)
- November 2011 (2)
- October 2011 (1)
- September 2011 (4)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (3)
- June 2011 (1)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (3)
- March 2011 (1)
- February 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (1)
- November 2010 (1)
- October 2010 (2)
- September 2010 (3)
- August 2010 (1)
- July 2010 (10)
- June 2010 (3)
- March 2010 (1)
- February 2010 (7)
- January 2010 (5)
- December 2009 (4)
- November 2009 (4)
- October 2009 (3)
- August 2009 (7)
- July 2009 (3)
- May 2009 (2)
- March 2009 (7)
- October 2008 (2)
- August 2008 (2)
- July 2008 (3)
- June 2008 (5)
- May 2008 (9)
- April 2008 (8)
- March 2008 (7)
- February 2008 (9)
- January 2008 (18)
- December 2007 (3)
- November 2007 (9)
- October 2007 (8)
- September 2007 (5)
- August 2007 (6)
- July 2007 (8)
- June 2007 (6)
- May 2007 (15)
- April 2007 (9)
- RT @Heineken: "Goal! I said we'd have 1 in each half. Thanks Chelsea for proving me right... you took your time though." ^HC #ShareTheSofa … 1 week ago
- Advice from RVN please. I'm a united fan, wife & kids are city. What can I do to wipe their smug smiles off their face #sharethesofa 2 weeks ago
- Advice from RVN please. I'm a united fan, wife & kids city. What can I do to wipe their smug smiles off their face #sharethesofa 2 weeks ago
- RT @alessaprentice: Knock-knock... http://t.co/z3STpMeGFK 1 month ago
- "The Four Tenets of Individual Courage" Presented by @HuffPostPartner huff.to/1fFqA91 via @HuffPostBiz 2 months ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License
DisclaimerThis blog accepts forms of cash advertising in the form of link placement. However, neither my employer nor myself endorse in any way the sites that are linked.